Lee Opticians are advertising a full-time position for a lab technician at our Warrenpoint practice. Applicants must have a passion for working as part of a busy team and have experience in communication in the workplace. Training will be given if required.
The role will include:
- Cutting and fitting lenses for each of our three practices
- Ordering lenses
- Checking off jobs
- Completing repairs of frames where possible.
- Stock control of lenses, frames and other items
- Updating our database
- Liaising with Government regarding NHS claims
Essential requirements for the job are as follows:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s with at least a C in GCSE Maths and English.
- Excellent communication skills for use internally & externally
- Experienced in the use of IT in a workplace – mainly use of email & MS Office
Requirements which will be an advantage but NOT essential:
- Optical experience
- Previous experience and/or qualifications as a lab technician
- Experience of stock control
- Experience of using spreadsheets
- Fully licensed driver.
Applicants that fit the essential criteria, should send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for interview and depending on the number of successful applicants, candidates can be advised that the ‘non essential’ criteria may be used to narrow down applications for interview.